It is very delicious and healthy variation for vegetable pulav. Also, an honest thanks for ending the leftover rice. It may be one dish meal too. get pleasure from chole pulav as breakfast or evening snack, therefore, let’s make Chole Pulav and share your expertise with the world.
Recipe type: Side Dish
Preparation Time – 10mins
Cooking Time – 20mins
Total Time – 30mins
Serve – 3 People
Ingredients for Chole Pulav:-
- 1 cup – Boiled chana/chickpeas
- 1 cup – Cooked rice
- 2 tbsp – Oil
- 2-3 – Bay leaves
- 3-4 – Cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 tsp – Black pepper
- 1 tsp -Cumin seeds
- 1 – Onion finely chopped
- 1 – Tomato diced
- 1 tsp -Ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp -Chole masala
- 1/2 tsp -Red chili powder
- 1 tsp -Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp -Turmeric powder
- 2 tsp – Coriander leaves finely chopped
How to Prepare Chole Pulav:-
- First, take a pan and add oil into it. Heat oil on medium flame.
- When the oil is enough hot, add bay leaves, cinnamon sticks, black pepper and cumin seeds and sauté for few seconds.
- After that, add finely chopped onion mix it well and cook till onion gets a nice light golden color or 2 to 3minutes.
- After that, add ginger garlic paste, diced tomato mix everything very well and cook it for 3-4 minutes.
- Then add chole masala, red chili powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder. Mix all the masala very well and cook for 2 minutes.
- After that, add boiled chana, salt to taste mix it well. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 2 minutes.
- After that, remove the cover and add boiled rice. Mix it well. If salt is added to rice while cooking then no need to add more salt now.
- Finally, add chopped coriander leaves and mix it well.
- Cover the pan and cook for another 5 minutes on low heat.
- Now CholePulav is all ready to serve.
- Serve with curd.