- Engine: 3.6-liter Pentastar V6
- Output: 305 hp, 268 lb-ft of torque
- Transmission: Eight-speed automatic
- US Fuel Economy (MPG): 18 city, 27 hwy, 21 combined
- CAN Fuel Economy (L/100 km): 12.8 city, 8.7 hwy, 11.0 combined
- Starting Price (USD): $34,590
- Price as Tested (USD): $37,810
- Starting Price (CAD): $38,895
- Price as Tested (CAD): $45,275
So far, the 2 biggest of the American big three have however to stay all-wheel drive into their Mustang cars. It’s not laborious to imagine a number of FCA higher-ups sitting around someday in early 2016 saying, “Chevy and Ford haven’t done an all-wheel-drive Camaro or Mustang, however, may also do one thing like that,” before setting to figure on what was assuredly the foremost simple analysis and development method the corporate had undertaken in years.
After all, the challenger rides on identical Chrysler LX platform as once it debuted in 2008, that is shared with the Charger a vehicle that has been offered with the all-wheel drive since 2007. It appears FCA may have dreamt up one thing just like the challenger GT shortly when the muscle coupe’s revival 10 years ago, however maybe it had been hesitant to muddy the challenger plate and upset long Mopar fans.
No matter however the Dodge AWD challenger passed, it’s here. And we’ve driven it. Our thoughts? It’s a weird package, however, there are a couple of sensible reasons why a number of you may wish one.